Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Greg Survived the Chicago Tri


He did it! And he finished right about where his goal was, so he was happy. I still can't get over how not-tired he is when he crosses the finish line of a race. And I was complaining about all the walking I did around the city, pushing a stroller, trying to catch him as he whizzed past! Pathetic...




We did have a rather fun time cheering him on. Liz joined Claire & me, and it was fun & inspirational to see all the types of racers, and the sheer volumes of athletes covering the paths. As usual, I left inspired to at least go for a "mini" triathlon next summer...we'll see if that happens.

While in Chicago, we also met up with Kara, Charlie & Baby Patrick (darn, I didn't get a single photo!) at the Children's Science Museum. Then I got to go to Liz's housewarming party after the kids were tucked in bed, which was really fun. After the race on Sunday, Sheri, Joe, Alex, Drew & Allie came downtown and we had lunch and played at Millenium Park. Of course, we weren't expecting the kids to get completely soaked, but they sure had fun doing it. All-in-all, we had a great weekend....but we were sure happy to get in our car and travel to our small town (well, compared to Chicago)---it's a bit more our speed:-)










Nothing like snow angels and headstands....
















And we got to see "The Bean"











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Sure enjoy all your pictures - miss you all. Congrats Greg!
Aunt Bev