Sunday, August 03, 2008

We Did it!

Greg and I both did triathlons this weekend. His: Big, Mine: Little. But we both live to tell the tales.

The "mini-tri" here at the park district was my first...and I survived, so I consider that a success!! 400 meter swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run. And my time was less than an hour, so I was happy with that. And I was so happy to have my little family there cheering me on!

.
.
I just know I would have done better if I had ridden a bike that didn't veer to the left continously! My sister-in-law commented today that she was worried that I would just bike in circles during the race and I would still be out there today circling around and around and around.

I had a few fellow triathletes join me from Chicago and Cleveland. Pictured: me, Emily, Kathleen, Liz & Sarah (& Ian, a big fan). It was so much fun to do this together!

Greg's olympic-distance tri was today about an hour south of here, but the kids and I didn't make it this time....so no pics. But he says it went great! He's gearing up for a half-ironman next month......crazy guy......

No comments: