Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good times

We've had a pretty good week here. The weather warmed up for a couple of days, and that really improved our moods...it's amazing what getting outside can do for the soul!

We spent one morning blowing bubbles, sliding, and playing ball in the back yard. Liam LOVES bubbles. I think he mostly ate or spilled most of them, but he loved every minute.

Claire said to me, "This is the best day in the whole wide world!" Oh, I think spring better get here soon!
Liam decided to climb out of his crib this week. About a half-hour into his "nap" I heard a huge bang...I ran upstairs...and he was on the loose. Big goose-egg, but no major damage. Luckily, I had a crib tent in the basement and put that puppy up right away. Now when we go to get him after a nap, he says, "Bopen!" (open) so we can unzip it. He doesn't seem to mind being enclosed...so far...let's see how long we can ride this out!

Claire's piano lessons are going well. She is really picking it up and is so proud of herself. Right now we're having lessons (practice) about 3-4 afternoons a week during Liam's nap.

Just a cute one of our 4-yr-old. She is doing better in the trouble dept now that I am managing her time better... keeping her no-napping afternoons busy w/ workbooks and crafts, etc. It seems like we are all happier now (except I haven't quite figured out where to sqeeze in the housework)! But the days don't seem quite as long w/ Greg usually not getting home til bedtime.

Our little man... chillin'





We took a crack at finger painting this week. I don't usually have the patience to manage both of them at crafts like this, but it was really fun and didn't make a catostophic mess either! I keep forgetting that Liam is old enough to do a lot of this stuff already...where did my baby go?
Here he is answering my question, "How old are you?" with "TWO!" and all 5 fingers. We're working on that....19 days til he has to get it right!!

No comments: