.JPG)
We had a huge blizzard this week. And since we live right in the middle of what was a cornfield just a few years ago, the winds were crazy and the drifts in our area grew to 5-6 feet in some places. There were a dozen or so cars stuck on our street, which is the main drag into our subdivision, and our driveway was impossible to get out of for 2 days. Makes an expectant couple a little nervous, knowing we couldn't drive to the hospital even if we wanted to! Greg spent hours out shoveling, and even made it onto the front page of our local paper. Claire & I finally did venture out into the winter wonderland to "play" and Claire of course loved climbing on the enormous piles. Poor Chloe-dog has only a very small "bathroom" area that Greg dug for her out back. The snow is great, though - reminds us of our days in Houghton.
.JPG)

As I write this, Greg & Claire are on an airplane to Arizona to celebrate with his family - his grandparents are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary this week! I am just amazed & inspired by that fact! Anyway, the doctor said it was too late for me to travel, so I am stuck here in the cold---missing them already. But it will be a great chance to relax, pamper my aching body a bit, get some baby things ready, and hang out with Liz, who is coming down from Chicago for the weekend (bless her!). And of course I will be praying hard not to go in to labor at least until Greg & Claire get back!! This is also a wonderful opportunity for Greg & Claire to get some daddy/daughter time, and for Claire to spend some time with the rest of the Huntleys. I'm interested to see how Daddy dresses her & fixes her hair each day! Could be interesting...
No comments:
Post a Comment