As I pulled into my parking space, the car died. No gas...I mean diesel. No biggie...Greg brought me a few gallons awhile later....but it still didn't start. Apparently there is some system priming that needs to be done. So we're going to try to figure out how to do that...and since Greg and I know NOTHING about cars, especially diesel cars, this could be interesting. TIM RICHMOND? Are you reading this? WE NEED YOU!
update: the vw is back in action. after much advise (including the vw dealership telling us to have it towed in--those money suckers), greg took the easiest advise. he just pumped on the gas pedal a few times to fill up the fuel line....it started right up (boy did we feel stupid for not trying that before). then he called me to tell me that he got it to start but accidentally filled it up with gasoline. HA HA
Then there was a matter of this cute little sweet boy. Or so I used to think.

I could hear that he was awake from his nap. But he was happily playing w/ his little aquarium, so I left him to play in this crib for awhile. Did I mention that he loves to put his hands down his pants? What a little Al Bundy. Well, I peaked 20 minutes later to find him COVERED in poop. On his clothes. On his blanket and crib sheet. On and in between just about every slat of his crib. On his HANDS. On his feet. Between his toes. In his fingernails. IN AND AROUND HIS MOUTH. OMG......where to start?
He had the NERVE to see me and say in typical cheerful tone, "HIIIII-EEEEEE!!!"
A bag of poopy textiles and a bag of used clorex wipes later.....Liam was happilly playing in the tub.
What a day.
4 comments:
Yikes! Haven't had the poopy mess yet, thank goodness! Just a sleeping girl naked from the waist down at bedtime (not wet and got the diaper and jammies back on without waking her up - whew!)
Alicia
We are considering purchasing a new diesel truck. Can you give us some advice like what are the advantages and disadvantages of diesel vs a gas engine?
The geezer
You are hilarious, DAD!!!
Sorry guys, not getting much blog reading time these days. I had that happen on my VW once after I changed the fuel filter. On mine I had a small valve that I had to open to let all the air out. We had tried everything, pumping the "gas" pedal, cranking and cranking, finally my father in law saw the little screw valve and opened it while I was cranking the engine and poof, she started. Glad you got her started.
Post a Comment